Monday, December 28, 2009

Egg-in-a-basket


I grew up eating egg-in-a-baskets all the time. In college, I asked Ross if he wanted one and he had no idea what I was talking about. So...apparently it is not as common as I thought. This isn't really a recipe at all...just a different way to have eggs and toast....a much, much better way :)

Ingredients
Eggs
Sliced bread
Butter
Salt and pepper

Directions
Butter both sides of toast.
Use a cup to cut out a circle in the middle of the toast, reserving the cut out circle (aka baby hole) on the side.
Place outside bread in hot pan and crack an egg inside of it.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper. I like lots of pepper.
Flip over when it looks half-way done.
Sprinkle other side with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat when cooked to desired preference.
Cook cut out circle (baby holes) in pan, flipping as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment