Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Overnight Oatmeal Bake with Fruit

I'm always having to bring a breakfast dish to my MOPS group and hate having to prep lots of stuff before heading out the door...because, honestly, that's just not gonna happen! So- anything that I can stir together the night before and pop in the oven in the morning is perfect! I found this recipe online and mixed it up to my liking. I had fresh blueberries and apples on hand, but I'm sure that any combo of fruits would be great too! It turned out even better than I expected!


    ·         2 large eggs
    ·         1/3 cup brown sugar
    ·         1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    ·         1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
    ·         1 teaspoon nutmeg
    ·         1 teaspoon cinnamon
    ·         1/4 teaspoon salt
    ·         1/4 cup butter, melted
    ·         1/2 cup applesauce
    ·         1 cup plus 2 T. milk
    ·         3 cups old-fashioned oats
    ·         1/2 cup blueberries
    ·         1 chopped apple (or any other combination of fruits)
    ·         1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

    Spray a 2-qt. baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat eggs with whisk. Add brown sugar, baking powder, vanilla, nutmeg or cinnamon, and salt. Mix well. Whisk in butter, applesauce, and milk, then add oats, fruits and nuts. Stir well, and refrigerate overnight. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 35-40 min, or until set in the middle.
    Recipe adapted from www.amybites.com

    No comments:

    Post a Comment