Whole Wheat Honey Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips
adapted from food.com
3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2 tablespoons wheat germ
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 cup honey
2 cups mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup hot water
Chocolate chips: amount to taste
- Stir together dry ingredients, including cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Beat oil and honey together; add vanilla and eggs and beat well.
- Add bananas and beat to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, alternating with hot water; mix well after each addition.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into 24 greased muffin cups; bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and test done.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack.