Friday, April 22, 2011

New Mexican Lasagna

I always come back from New Mexico inspired to cook---I think it's mostly about New Mexican green chiles. Yum! So, upon arriving home from our trip last week, I made this dish. Ross named it New Mexican Lasagna. I was trying to make a dish that we had at his parents' house. It was different than his mom's dish but it was also so good!! I had made enough {I thought} for two meals worth. Well, Ross had other plans! I went to put the baby down for the night and came back to a tiny sliver left in the pan! So much for leftovers! I just LOVE when he likes something so much. It makes me feel like a good wife :)

New Mexican Lasagna

1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
1 can low fat cream of chicken soup
1 can green enchilada sauce
15 corn tortillas
a few handfulls crushed tortilla chips
1 1/2 cups reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
fajita seasoning
chopped green chiles (not jalapenos)


-brown turkey. drain fat. stir in green chiles and sprinkle with fajita seasoning.
-in a separate bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup and green chile enchilada sauce. reserve about 1/4 can of enchilada sauce for later.
-spray bottom of 8x8 pan. layer 5 corn tortillas, sauce mixture, meat, cheese and repeat three times. (you will probably have to tear up the tortillas to make them cover the entire pan)
-top with crushed chips. pour remaining enchilada sauce over chips. top with cheese. bake for about 30 minutes on 350, or until cheese is nice and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment