Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pie Crust

When my sister was here recently, we made a peach pie with homemade pie crust. I've decided that homemade crust is FAR better than store bought and it costs way less to make it yourself. Plus, when you use your food processor it is super-duper easy!

Ingredients
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter chilled and diced
1/4 c ice water

Place flour and salt in food processor. Pulse until mixed. Add butter to flour mixture and pulse until it forms coarse crumbles like this.


Add water very slowly (like, one tbsp at a time) while the processor is on. Add water until the pie crust forms a ball. It's so cool!


Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch. I like to bake my pie crust for about 5 minutes at 350 before filling it. This way I'm sure it won't be soggy. Then, fill and bake according to pie directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment