Saturday, March 20, 2010

Chicken and Green Chile Taquitos

I found this idea on this website and changed it up to my liking. I used her pictures because they were way more pretty! We liked the flour ones better and yes, they get super crunchy when you bake them! They would be great with queso or guacamole!!

I'm so glad that I learned about how to make them crunchy without frying them! I can make all sorts of cool little taquitos now! They were great for watching a movie on a cold day with the hubs!

Ingredients
3 chicken breasts
1 block of cream cheese
Green chile salsa
Hot sauce (we like Cholula)
Adam's Beef fajita seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
Corn or flour tortillas
Cooking spray


Directions:
Boil chicken breasts until fully cooked. Remove from water and shred with fork and knife. Soften cream cheese in microwave for about 30 seconds. Mix chicken, cream cheese, several tablespoons green chile salsa, hot sauce to taste, fajita seasoning, salt and pepper. Cover tortillas with damp paper towel and warm in microwave for about 45 seconds. Spoon a few tablespoons of chicken mixture into warm tortilla and roll very tightly.
Place on lightly sprayed cooking sheet. Spray with cooking oil and sprinkle with salt (I like using sea salt here because it is bigger). Bake at 425 for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment