Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Red Coconut Curry

I grew up eating foods from around the world, thanks to the travels of my grandparents and dad. I can remember eating Indonesian curry and fish head soup in about 2nd grade...normal, right? Well, we discovered this little Thai place around here that has the best red curry. I decided to give it a try and it's as easy as 1-2-3!



Ingredients
Red curry paste
Chicken
Coconut Milk (one can regular, one can low fat)
Onions
Sliced green bell peppers
Bamboo shoots
Water chest nuts
Cooked white rice
Optional: Fresh Thai basil as a garnish or add in curry...it's so yummy!!

Directions
1. Sautee chicken, bell peppers and onions until chicken is fully cooked. Bell pepper may still be crunchy and that's ok.
2. Add 2 cans of coconut milk and stir in several tablespoons (start with 3 and add more from there)of curry paste. Add as much as you like...the more the hotter.
3. Put water chestnuts and bamboo slices in sauce and simmer for at least 30 minutes so that all flavors distribute evenly. Serve over white rice and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to COMMENT that this sounds fantastic. We've become big curry fans since moving to Canada - several Thai restaurants around. We'll have to give this a try! (P.S. I can't use my arrows in here, but better than no commenting at all!)

    ReplyDelete