Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cara's Cakies


It has been raining solid for days now, so naturally we are staying in the house this weekend. That being said, I have cooked a lot! I made Leslie's famous chocolate chip cookies (with white chocolate chips, as per Ross' request), Gnocchi with Pesto Cream Sauce and these delightful little cookies. Ross called them cakies, since they are made with cake batter...I quite like the name! I got the recipe from this lovely lady, Cara! You will notice in the picture that one of them has sprinkles....my favorite food! I am of the philosophy that sprinkles, added to anything sweet, only makes the dish better! You should test my theory :)

Here is Cara's recipe...I added the notes about sprinkles

1 box cake mix (I've tried strawberry, chocolate, pineapple and lemon... chocolate and lemon are the biggest hits my fav is pineapple)
1 box cream cheese (thawed a bit)
1 stick softened butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
powdered sugar
sprinkles

Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add vanilla and egg. Add cake mix (and sprinkles). Refrigerate for 2 hrs (or freezer for an hr). Roll into balls and roll the balls in powdered sugar (or sprinkles if you are obsessed with them like me). Bake for 12 min at 350. Sprinkle with powdered sugar (and more sprinkles).

No comments:

Post a Comment