Saturday, August 1, 2009

Chicken Fried Rice

This is one of Ross' top 3 recipes that I make....good thing it's so easy to make! It is also a great way to use leftover chicken or rice.



Ingredients
3 large chicken breasts thawed and cut into bite sized pieces
1 1/2 cup white rice (uncooked)
3/4 cup chopped onion
2 tbsp(ish) minced garlic
soy sauce- I would guesstimate about 1/4-2/3 cup--just to taste
Sunbird fried rice seasoning- 1 packet
2 or 3 eggs scrambled without butter or seasoning
2 tbsp(ish) olive oil
salt and pepper

Directions
I cook this in a wok, but any large dutch oven or skillet will work just fine. Cook rice and cool. (This is important so that it doesn't overcook later on.) Saute onions in olive oil for a few minutes and then add garlic. (You add the garlic later so that it doesn't burn) Add chicken and cook until done--season with a little bit of salt and pepper. Add rice, fried rice seasoning, soy sauce and scrambled eggs. Mix together gently so that the rice doesn't get mushed up. Cook just until thoroughly heated.

***Serving suggestion: I like to serve this with stir fried veggies in a Szechwan or sweet and sour sauce. I also top it with the sauces pictures below. I like the sweet chili sauce and Ross likes the spicy one.



Pictured from left: Sweet Chili Sauce (the kind I grew up eating, but any will be great), Chicken Man Sauce (That is, of course, not the real name, but we don't know what it is really called. It's spicy chili sauce), Sunbird Fried Rice Seasoning (I get it at WalMart)

No comments:

Post a Comment